We at LIL-CON want to keep things legit and safe for everyone. We have rules that we will be enforcing for the safety and enjoyment for all at our festival. We want everyone to have a good time.
NOTE: Anyone who we dub as an issue at LIL-CON for any reason that we deem is problematic, invasive to others, hostile, vandalizing, or harmful to others, and etc, may be subject to removal from the event with no refund, removal from the premises, future banning from LIL-CON and our events, and if needed possible further legal consequences.
1) RESPECT EVERYONE… Respect others attending the venue, the staff, security, the venue staff, and the venue itself.
2) Please be aware of others around you, and no horseplay.
3) No running. This also includes activities such as The Poke’ball Hunt. You can be fast, but we’re not going to have accidents happen.
4) Lewd action and invasive/unwanted actions will NOT be tolerated. Keep your hands to yourself. plain and simple.
5) No trash talk or taunting while playing (and not playing) games. We uphold the standards of good sportsman like quality. This includes any kind of “deck shaming” or “game shaming”.
6) No “cosplay shaming” of any kind will be tolerated.
7) During panels please do not disturb the presenters. Yes there are many interactive panels and events and some of it does have fans getting loud, however some panels and exhibits such as musical guests and informative panels will need talking and etc. to a minimum. There is usually a lot of Q & A that happens, so please note that you will most likely have the chance to ask questions and etc. If you are an issue to the presenters of a panel for any viable reason, you will be asked to leave the panel.
8 ) Cheating of any kind in any tournaments can and possibly will disqualify you. For tournaments that cost money to get into (such as the Magic the Gathering Draft tournament), you can be disqualified without a refund.
9) No drama. No fighting, No arguing. No causing a scene. This is self explanatory.
10) Anyone who steals anything from a vendor, steals a game, or personal belonging of someone at the LIL-CON will be removed from the event with no refund, removed from the premises, banned from the from our events in the future, and/or WILL have further legal consequences.
11) ANY physical altercation that is violent is subject for removal from LIL-CON with no refund, removed from the premises, banned from LIL-CON in the future, and WILL have further legal consequences.
12) If there is a problem of any kind, please tell the LIL-CON staff or LIL-CON director. If you have a problem with a staff member please contact the LIL-CON director or other staff member IMMEDIATELY. We will analyze the problem at hand and make a decisions as fast as possible. Our decisions are final. When explaining a situation, be calm, and only talk to LIL-CON personnel. DO NOT involve other attendees, guests, or anyone else by asking how they feel on YOUR issue to bolster your plight.
13) ANY person who spreads information about an attendee, staff member, guest, or any other person to another attendee that causes a disturbance when there is none, causes fear, causes worry, or causes any other troublesome feelings or drama, WILL be dealt with where they will possibly be ejected from LIL-CON without refund.
14) Any person posing as a position of authority at Lil-Con or the venue we are in, whether it be staff, security, or a pseudo made position, WILL BE EJECTED FROM LIL-CON WITHOUT REFUND AND BANNED. No attendee is to call themselves any person in position of power.
15) Please refrain from talking about any politics and views. We feel that it disrupts the fun vibe and this event is meant for people to get away from the issues of the world and just enjoy themselves in togetherness and unity.
16) Please refrain from talking about medical statuses of who and who is not vaccinated. There is absolutely no shaming anyone in this.
17) Your Name or “Avatar” is on your badge for LIL-CON. At our events we advise calling everyone just by their “Avatar” instead of using any pronouns. This makes for no sexual/gender mislabeling and makes things run smoothly. We have seen many an instance of negativity at other festival/conventions so this is the best policy in general. As stated, we want all people to be respectful to all walks of life.
18) DO NOT take your badge out of its holder. Do not exchange or give your badge to another person to try and have them. If you lose your badge or your badge is stolen, let LIL-CON staff know ASAP. If it is known badges are being shared for free entry, you will be ejected from LIL-CON if you do not pay and banning if dubbed necessary.
19) Please make sure your personal hygiene is in check. If you or your clothes have odors that are offensive to anyone, you will be asked to immediately take care of it, if you can not you will be asked to leave and can not come back in until doing so.
20) Absolutely no bare feet. This is for the safety of yourself, and for others, especially hygienically.
21) Do not go into areas you are not allowed to.
All in all…just be a good person.
NOTE: Anyone who we dub as an issue at LIL-CON for any reason that we deem is problematic, invasive to others, hostile, fear mongering, vandalizing, or harmful to others, and etc, may be subject to removal from LIL-CON with no refund, removal from the premises, future banning from our events, and if needed possible further legal consequences. We make decisions off what someone does at LIL-CON, not prior events they have attended. If we deem someone an issue, we will discuss the situation, and make a decision.
ATTENDEES UNDER 18
If you are younger than 18 years of age, you will need a consent form signed by a legal guardian. If the legal guardian will be present at the festival, they can sign it in front of us at the registration desk. If the legal guardian will not be present, the slip can be brought pre-signed, but it MUST be notarized.
Please note: All attendees of age 14 and under will need to be accompanied by an adult with a paid badge.
Download the CONSENT FORM here.
1) Skimpy clothing is fine and dandy and there’s characters that are pretty unclothed, however no nudity. All areas that should be covered by a swimsuit must be covered. Please do keep in mind that there are younger ages who do attend events, so just keep those things in mind.
2) No purposely offensive costumes. We accept many things, and never say we are the pinnacle of “family friendly”, but remember, there is a line that we do draw when it comes to offensive costumes (racist, homophobic, etc.). If you are unsure if your costume is in good guidelines, then please mail us at our email on the contact page addressed to KATE MATTISON (our head of cosplay) with the subject entitled “COSPLAY”.
COSTUME WEAPONS POLICY
1) No actual guns, and if you have some sort of nerf thing to look like whatever character has that weapon, please, no projectiles to be shot. There’s no nerf war anyways, so please, leave the projectiles at home.
2) Knives, swords, and other stabby and pokey weapons should only be able to cut butter for your toast, and poke soap bubbles. As always, great to show people, but the bluntest of objects can somehow be hellish. So yeah, safety first, and be careful.
3) Be careful of those around you and your surroundings. Don’t flail any weapons you have. Some things are for show, but we don’t want a wizard staff or barrel of a gun going into someone’s eye socket by accident, or damaging hotel property, so please, try not to wield them like you’re Conan.
You are responsible for your surroundings.
4) If you have a very wide, tall, or long cosplay, have someone to help you and/or guide you. Once again, you are responsible for your surroundings. Get someone who can help.
5) No snipping the Con Director… yup, LOL.
1) Taking pictures is very welcome. You can take pictures anywhere you would like on the premises pretty much. just always be aware that your photography isn’t holding up the “flow of traffic” so people can get where they need to be.
2) When taking pictures of cosplayers, it is always best to ask to take a photo of them, or with them. Please understand that we want to make sure everyone is comfortable and we try to have zero creepiness at LIL-CON. When asking for a photo of someone, please have your camera pointed away from their body.
3) If someone does not want a picture, DO NOT ask them why not. Do not ask them a second time right away, ask them later. If they do not want a picture from you at that time it is advised not to ask again where they do not want you to take their photo.
4) If anyone is caught doing any picture taking without the consent of others that we dub as projected as “unasked snipe shooting” that we feel is creepy and for non-event related purposes, disguised as such for own personal or others’ fetishes, that person will be asked to leave the festival.
COVID 19 POLICY
Due to the pandemic officially being over, there are no guidelines that attendees need to follow. We obviously do not want anyone sick, so if you feel sick, have a temperature, etc, then please be conscientious to others and not attend the event. We keep our events sanitary in all aspects of cleanliness and sanitization.
We require all attendees to have either either form before entering. You may print either form out and present them the registration desk. We also will have both forms handy.
ATTENDEE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE FORM