We at LIL-CON want to keep things legit and safe for everyone. We have rules that we will be enforcing for the safety and enjoyment for all at our convention. If you can not follow the rules, you will be escorted off the premises and ejected from the convention with no refund. These rules will be strictly enforced.
1) RESPECT EVERYONE… Respect others attending the venue, the staff, security, the venue staff, and the venue itself.
2) Please be aware of others around you, and no horseplay.
3) No running. This also includes activities such as The Poke’ball Hunt. You can be fast, but we’re not going to have accidents happen.
4) Lewd action and invasive/unwanted actions will NOT be tolerated. Keep your hands to yourself. plain and simple.
5) No trash talk or taunting while playing (and not playing) games. We uphold the standards of good sportsman like quality. This includes any kind of “deck shaming” or “game shaming”.
6) No “cosplay shaming” of any kind will be tolerated.
7) During panels please do not disturb the presenters. Yes there are many interactive panels and events and some of it does have fans getting loud, however some panels and exhibits such as musical guests and informative panels will need talking and etc. to a minimum. There is usually a lot of Q & A that happens, so please note that you will most likely have the chance to ask questions and etc. If you are an issue to the presenters of a panel for any viable reason, you will be asked to leave the panel.
8) Cheating of any kind in any tournaments can and possibly will disqualify you. For tournaments that cost money to get into (such as the Magic the Gathering Draft tournament), you can be disqualified without a refund.
9) No drama. No fighting, No arguing. No causing a scene. This is self explanatory.
10) Please refrain from talking about any politics and views. We feel that it disrupts the fun vibe and this event is meant for people to get away from the issues of the world and just enjoy themselves in togetherness and unity.
11) Please make sure your personal hygiene is in check. If you or your clothes have odors that are offensive to anyone, you will be asked to immediately take care of it, if you can not you will be asked to leave and can not come back in until doing so.
12) Absolutely no bare feet. This is for the safety of yourself, and for others, especially hygienically.
13) Do not go into areas you are not allowed to.
1) Skimpy clothing is fine and dandy and there’s characters that are pretty unclothed, however no nudity. All areas that should be covered by a swimsuit must be covered. Please do keep in mind that there are younger ages who do attend conventions, so just keep those things in mind.
2) No purposely offensive costumes. We accept many things, and never say we are the pinnacle of “family friendly”, but remember, there is a line that we do draw when it comes to offensive costumes (racist, homophobic, etc.). If you are unsure if your costume is in good guidelines, then please mail us at our email on the contact page addressed to KATE MATTISON (our head of cosplay) with the subject entitled “COSPLAY”.
1) No actual guns, and if you have some sort of nerf thing to look like whatever character has that weapon, please, no projectiles to be shot. There’s no nerf war anyways, so please, leave the projectiles at home.
2) Knives, swords, and other stabby and pokey weapons should only be able to cut butter for your toast, and poke soap bubbles. As always, great to show people, but the bluntest of objects can somehow be hellish. So yeah, safety first, and be careful.
3) Try not to flail them around. I know it’s for show, i don’t want a barrel of a gun going into someone’s eye socket by accident. So please, try not to wield them like you’re Conan.
4) No trying to snipe the Con-director… yup LOL.
1) Taking pictures is very welcome. You can take pictures anywhere you would like on the premises pretty much. just always be aware that your photography isn’t holding up the “flow of traffic” so people can get where they need to be.
2) When taking pictures of cosplayers, it is always best to ask to take a photo of them, or with them. Please understand that we want to make sure everyone is comfortable and we try to have zero creepiness at the convention
3) If anyone is caught doing any picture taking without the consent of others that we dub as projected as “unasked snipe shooting” that we feel is creepy and for non-convention related purposes, disguised as such for own personal or others’ fetishes, that person will be asked to leave the convention..
BEST PLACE FOR PICTURES
At the moment we would suggest the best place for pictures would be near the tree in the frontal area to the right of the building (the right meaning if you were looking at the street from the establishment). Another good area would be if front of the bushes on the left side of the building. If it is raining, we try to have a designated spot for cosplay pictures, but wherever inside that works comfortably is great.
Above all though, be respectful, have fun, and definitely make sure all of you who have awesome costumes, get awesome pictures of your accessory and your character.
We are sad to say but there is no handicap accessibility options for any patron of the convention to reach the 2nd floor. The building is grand-fathered as such which there is only the stairs. There is no elevator or etc that is in the building.